Chicken Salad Sliders With Goat Cheese & Asparagus

11:08 AM


Here is a unique kind of slider.  The roasted asparagus and goat cheese pair so well.   Hope you will give them a try!


Chicken Salad Sliders With Goat Cheese & Asparagus

3 large chicken breasts or a deli-ready rotisserie chicken
salt and pepper
5 oz. goat cheese
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 red onion, minced
1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces, and roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper
Slider Buns (I made a mix of garlic butter & then broiled the buns until browned)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place chicken breasts in a baking pan; season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.  Let cool for 10 minutes.  I have been in a hurry each time I have made this recipe so I purchase a rotisserie chicken from the deli counter, and use all of the meat from that.  When chicken is cool I just shred it up into small pieces.  Chop if needed.

Meanwhile I roast the asparagus.  Basically preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Break off the tough ends of the asparagus, and for this recipe cut stalks into 1 inch pieces.  I put a sheet of aluminum foil on my cookie sheet.  Place asparagus in a single layer, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast until tender, but still crisp.  I just keep checking every few minutes,and stirring until I think they look good.  For long spears this would take around 25 minutes.  Not that long when they are cut up into bite sized pieces though.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm chicken, goat cheese, honey, red onion, and roasted asparagus. Serve the chicken salad on the slider buns.  Refrigerate leftovers.


They are so good!  The goat cheese will pretty much melt into the other ingredients since the chicken and asparagus are warm.  Feel free to add more cheese.  This is one of those very forgiving recipes where you can add extra this and that (cheese, onion) and it will come out tasting fantastic!



Linked to:
Inspire Me Monday at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe